Friday, March 16, 2012

lap5 Describe/comment on a Jacob Riis photo.

I choose the picture Boys from the Italian quarter with a "Keep off the grass" sign 
For one I choose this picture because it stood out the most to me, mainly because i wasnt sure if its little kids in the picture or if they are dwarffs. The boys in the picture looks dirty, guessing that they are at work. They also have hats on so i am also guessing that it be very hot were they work. The boys are both holding something in their hand, a piece of wood and the other some kind of medal tool, which he probably uses for his work. The picture is in black and white so it have to be old. Last in the picture there is a sign the say "keep off the grass" and by seeing that detail I no that the kids work on crops or some type of dirt. I like this picture because it have lots of details, it tells a story just by looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment